Commercial Gas Engineers York explained by CMS Ltd
At CMS, we have an in-house team of Commercial Gas Engineers York, all certified in gas work and safety. We are Gas Safe Registered and ensure that any gas work is compliant with current codes and legislation. Our Commercial gas engineers York are specialists in the installation of commercial gas pipework together with the commissioning, repair, and maintenance of gas pipework. The team will decommission any services and appliances, including heating systems and boilers if old equipment may need to be replaced.
If you have a fault or have concerns with any of your gas equipment or service then our team are readily available 365 days a year in order to make sure that any type of faults is fixed very quickly and safely. We will get an engineer to you in under 4 hours and understand the significance of quick fault identification and resolution.
In addition to providing 24/7 reactive gas solutions, A routine maintenance visit will certainly prevent problems with your systems before they become a problem so is usually something our team suggest you consider. We install and also operate commercial boiler control systems and these permit us to pinpoint issues with your heating before you do. Through an online network, our team can track specific faults on your heating system, diagnose them and in some cases repair them remotely. Whenever our engineers aren’t able to fix it remotely then we will have established the issue before we arrive, giving us a better opportunity to repair it on our first visit.
Why choose CMS Commercial Gas Engineers York?
- Our Gas Engineers qualifications and experience enables us to deal with all kinds of plumbing, heating, boiler, gas and pipework related problems
- Regardless if it is a routine boiler inspection or a gas pipe issue, our experts can assist
- We offer an emergency call out service and will ensure we can get your system back up and running quickly and safely
- We aim to be with you inside 4 hours and can identify and rectify gas, plumbing and electrical faults on all appliances and systems
- We offer fully planned repairs and maintenance solutions that will keep your gas appliances and works running effectively and safely
- Our customer-focused company ethos means that every staff member at CMS is focused on delivering the absolute best service every time
- We have our own UK based call handling centre to make sure the right resource is sent to you every time
- Our technical support centre is always available in order to answer any questions our team out on a job might have and this supports us to remedy and repair systems and appliances swiftly and safely
- All our Gas Engineers are customer facing and have exceptional communication skills
- We only perform a task if it needs doing and complete all jobs to the highest of standards
- Our team have comprehensive experience and expertise in the installation and maintenance of commercial boilers and heating systems ranging from smaller boilers all the way up to full plant rooms and installations
- We offer full planning and project management services if you are installing new systems and pipework
- We offer a consultancy service to advise you on the industry’s most current energy-efficient and cost-saving products
- We do not subcontract any of our work
- We have all the required industry-specific accreditations (Gas Safe, NICEIC, Chas and B&ES)
- We have ₤10m of public and third-party liability insurance
- Our team of Commercial Gas Engineers York deliver unequalled heating solutions 24 hours a day
Call us today on 0845 419 0190 and one of our team will answer any questions you may have, will book your service or maintenance visit, or arrange an emergency call out for you.
Commercial Gas Engineers Questions & Answers
What is a Commercial Gas Engineer?
The job of a Gas engineer is fitting, checking and repairing gas appliances and piping within the home. A commercial gas engineer will service, repair and install industrial appliances, heaters, central heating boilers and pipework in schools, college and universities, places of worship, public buildings and so on and businesses.
Why should you use Commercial Gas Engineers York?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will be experienced in working on, repairing, maintaining and installing larger gas appliances, heating systems and pipework and this means they will have the capabilities needed to maintain and repair these larger systems.
What qualifications should a Commercial Gas Engineer have?
A registered and accredited Gas Engineer will have an industry gas qualification, for example, Gas Installation and Maintenance or Gas Utilisation Engineer Level 3 NVQ or Diploma and be Gas Safe registered. Some certified gas engineers become qualified from working through an apprenticeship and still achieve the same qualifications as the end of it.
Why is it crucial to employ a qualified Commercial Gas Engineer?
It really is simple, dangerous and incorrect gas work can be fatal. Poorly fitted and badly serviced appliances can lead to gas leaks, fires, explosions and also carbon monoxide gas poisoning. Using an unqualified illegal gas fitter can absolutely put lives at risk in addition to costing you a lot to have it fixed or rectified.
It really is shocking that there are over a quarter of a million unlawful gas jobs performed yearly. In the event that your gas engineer is not Gas Safe registered then they are simply operating illegally. If your gas engineer is certified and registered to perform gas work in your property then they will be in a position to show you their Gas Safe ID card.
Not all gas engineers are qualified to work on all varieties of gas appliances. The back of their ID card discloses if they are really certified to work on the specific type of gas work you require. As an example, if they put in a gas fire but they are solely Gas Safe registered for pipework and central heating boilers then they and their work are actually illegal.
Another point to be aware of is if a Gas Engineer works for a Gas Safe registered company during the course of the week and they are completing work for you outside of this as a private job then this is also illegal unless they are personally registered with the Gas Safety Register.
It is against the law for any individual to do work on gas equipment within the UK, Isle of Man or Guernsey unless they are Gas Safe registered.
What is the Gas Safe Register?
- The Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey, appointed by the appropriate Health and Safety Authority for each area. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register, and the Register’s role is to serve as a licensing body
- When a company becomes Gas Safe registered they are being issued a licence to carry out gas work. The checks the Gas Safe Register make prior to allowing registration only extend to making certain that those making an application for registration is appropriately qualified as gas safety competent
- The Gas Safe Register is not a membership body for engineers, nor a trade association
- The Gas Safe Register took the place of CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1st April 2009 and in Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1 April 2010
- In the event that you need gas work done in your business or work environment, you can make use of the many different search options to locate a registered business or check an engineer is registered and qualified for the task you need doing on their website
In summary, the Gas Safe Register is the official list of organisations that are legally given permission to accomplish gas work. Each and every registered organisation which employs gas engineers are issued with Gas Safe ID cards. Not all engineers are certified to do all types of gas work so always remember to check their ID card in advance of any work completed or employ an experienced, trusted and reputable facilities company, like CMS, who will only ensure the correct and appropriately qualified gas engineer is dispatched to your business.
If you think someone is working on gas illegally, you should report them to the Gas Safe Register who will then investigate.
There are in excess of 120,000 engineers on the Gas Safe Register and the Gas Safe Register inspects the work they’ve fulfilled on an ad hoc basis so as to monitor their work is compliant and safe. If you’ve had gas work completed in the last six months, you can nominate it for a free gas safety inspection.
What is the Purpose of the Gas Safety Register?
The Gas Safety Register aims to protect the general public from hazardous gas work, and they look to accomplish this through:
- a nationwide investigations team investigating illegal gas workers
- educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
- investigating reports of unsafe gas work
What does the Gas Safety Register do?
- The Gas Safe Register investigates reports of illegal gas work. The related information they collect is passed on to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), who have the power to prosecute
- The Gas Safe Register conducts public awareness campaigns to make as consumers aware of the risks of treacherous and illegal gas work, and of other dangers such as carbon monoxide gas (CO) poisoning
- It is the coordinating body for the yearly industry-wide Gas Safety Week campaign
- The Gas Safe Register is operated by Capita Gas Registration and Ancillary Services Limited, a division of Capita Plc
You should receive a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate if a Gas Safe registered engineer installs a heat generating gas appliance in your property. It’s effectively a method of updating the Local Authority of the new apparatus, and you ought to receive it in the post inside 28 days of a new appliance being put in. If you need a duplicate Building Regulations Compliance Certificate you can request this online or phone them on 0800 408 5500 and select option 6. Be aware there is a charge for duplicate certificates.
What is a Gas Safety Record?
A Gas Safety Record is the documentation an engineer leaves immediately after having fitted, serviced or safety checked a system depends on the purpose and type of work undertaken. The only paperwork required by legislation is a Landlord Gas Safety Record. It will detail exactly what checks the engineer has performed and if the appliances checked to fulfil the appropriate safety standards.
What do Commercial Gas Engineers York do?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will repair, service, maintain and install gas pipework, gas boilers and heating and cooling system. These experts will definitely have the know-how and expertise to efficiently determine and repair issues or pre-empt potential problems that might arise with larger commercial systems.
Why are Commercial Gas Engineers York different from Domestic Gas Engineers?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will have the knowledge as well as practical experience of working with, repairing, maintaining as well as installing larger and a lot more sophisticated pipework with commercial appliances and within commercial buildings.
A Domestic Gas Engineer will only have the practical experience of repairing, maintaining and installing gas appliances that are designed for usage in domestic properties as well as gas pipework up to 35mm in diameter in residential properties. There may well be instances in larger sized domestic homes where non-domestic appliances and larger pipework is needed and in these kinds of circumstances, commercial gas services classifications may be necessary.
If you are uncertain if you need to have a commercial or domestic gas engineer then you can contact the Gas Safe Register or call us and we can help.
What hours do Commercial Gas Engineers York work?
Most Commercial Gas Engineers will be available 24/7 as they will carry out both planned maintenance and servicing work, installations in addition to emergency reactive work also and because of this, it is normal that they hold a full driving licence.
About CMS Facilities
CMS is a family owned facilities company based in the North East who have been in operation for more than 18 years. We have engineering hubs across the UK and work alongside numerous well-known and reputable national brands, including; Mitie, Baxi, Travelodge, Q-Hotels and Nissan.
Our organisation has three primary teams:
- Emergency repair service
- Planned & preventative maintenance
- Specialist project division
Our experts offer mechanical and electrical engineering services, maintaining central heating, electrical, air conditioning, catering and refrigeration systems and our team of more than100 qualified, CMS uniformed and DBS vetted engineers are located at our engineering hubs all around the country.
Our professional service is second to none and we deliver remarkable value for money services to commercial businesses and properties around the UK. Our UK based control and call handling centre are available to take your phone call 365 days a year, 24-hours a day and will make certain that the suitable engineer and team are dispatched to you when you are in need of it. You can be assured that we do not employ sub-contractors and we do not subcontract any of our work.
We have all the required industry-specific accreditations (Gas Safe, NICEIC, Chas and B&ES;) and we have ₤10m of public and third-party liability insurance.
Our technical support centre is continually on hand in order to answer any questions our team out on a job might have and this supports us to remedy and repair systems and appliances swiftly and safely
Our Rapid, Reputable, Reactive Service
- We have dedicated engineers on call 24/7
- Emergency call-out 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Our engineers typically remedy 90% of breakdowns on the initial visit
Our Design, Planned Maintenance & Emergency Callout Service
- Project design
- Repair and emergency repair service
- Routine maintenance
We cover commercial building services and systems including:
- Gas services, boiler, pipework & heating plants
- Electrical services
- Air Conditioning and climate control
- Catering, kitchen equipment and refrigeration
- Laundry & textile care
- Building management systems
- Fire alarms and access control
Our Custom & Planned Maintenance Plans
We provide customised and specific planned repair and maintenance packages for commercial building managers. This includes inspection, servicing, repair work and certification contracts with access to our highly reactive emergency support teams. Our care packages ensure that your systems and apparatus are fully serviced and certified offering you peace of mind along with smooth and problem-free, reliable operation.
Our Project Management & Design Services
Our highly-experienced CMS team have more than 1,000 years of combined engineering experience and have the expertise to effectively deliver large-scale projects, from design through to installation and maintenance. Our design packages are offered on credit and developed to satisfy the requirements and demands of each and every of our individual commercial clients.
Our team of joiners, electricians, engineers and construction engineers have all the skills required to ensure your project runs smoothly, efficiently and on schedule without you needing to work with multiple parties subcontractors.
If you are looking for Commercial Gas Engineers York for any type of repair work, routine maintenance or perhaps installation anywhere in the UK or a provider that can offer you a genuine nationwide solution, then please give our expert team a call on 0845 419 0190 and they will be happy to deal with any sort of query or emergency repair you have.
Martyn works for CMS Ltd as a marketing specialist. He takes great pride in creating quality content regarding commercial property maintenance.