Commercial Gas Engineers in Wolverhampton Explained by CMS Ltd
What is a Commercial Gas Engineer?
A commercial gas engineer will maintain, repair and install industrial appliances, heating systems, boilers and pipework in academic institutions, college and universities, places of worship, government establishments and so on and businesses. The role of a Gas engineer is installing, assessing and repairing gas appliances and pipework in the home. If you are looking for Commercial Gas Engineers Wolverhampton then give us a call on 0845 419 0190 and we will be happy to help.
Why are Commercial Gas Engineers Wolverhampton different from a Domestic Gas Engineer?
- A Commercial Gas Engineer will have the expertise and experience of working with, repairing, maintaining as well as installing larger and more intricate pipework with commercial appliances and within commercial premises
- A Domestic Gas Engineer will only have the prior experience of repairing, maintaining and installing gas appliances that are designed for usage in domestic properties as well as gas pipework up to 35mm in diameter in residential homes. There might be examples in larger domestic properties in which non-domestic appliances and larger pipework are called for and in these circumstances, commercial casework categories may be required
If you are uncertain if you require a commercial or domestic gas engineer then you can contact the Gas Safe Register or get in touch with us on 0845 419 0190 and we can advise.
What do Commercial Gas Engineers Wolverhampton do?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will repair, service, maintain and install gas pipework, gas boilers and heating systems. These experts are going to have the knowledge and experience to efficiently determine and repair problems or pre-empt possible issues that can occur with larger commercial systems.
What hours do Commercial Gas Engineers Wolverhampton work?
Most Commercial Gas Engineers will be on call 24/7 as they will manage both scheduled routine maintenance and servicing work, installations as well as emergency call-out reactive work as well.
Why would anyone work Commercial Gas Engineers Wolverhampton?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will be experienced in working on, repairing, maintaining and installing more substantial gas appliances, heating systems and pipework and this means they will have the capabilities required to maintain and repair these kinds of larger systems.
What qualifications should Commercial Gas Engineers Wolverhampton have?
A registered and accredited Gas Engineer will certainly have an industry qualification, for instance, Gas Installation and Maintenance or Gas Utilisation Engineer Level 3 NVQ or Diploma and be Gas Safe registered. Some qualified gas engineers become qualified from working through an apprenticeship and still obtain the same qualifications as the end of it.
Why is it essential to use qualified Commercial Gas Engineers Wolverhampton?
It really is simple, dangerous and incorrect gas work can be fatal. Poorly fitted and poorly serviced appliances may result in gas leaks, fires, explosions as well as carbon monoxide poisoning. Using an unqualified illegal gas fitter will put lives in danger in addition to costing you a lot to have it fixed or rectified.
It is astounding that there more than a quarter of a million illegal gas jobs conducted every year. If your gas engineer is not Gas Safe registered then they are actually operating illegally. If your gas engineer is qualified and registered to undertake gas work in your property then they will definitely be able to show you their Gas Safe ID card.
Always remember that not all gas engineers are certified to work on all varieties of gas appliances and systems. The back of their Gas Safe ID card tells you if they are certified to work on the specific type of gas work you require. As an example, if they put in a gas fire yet they are really only Gas Safe registered for pipework and boilers then they and their work are classed as illegal.
Another point to take note of is if a Gas Engineer works for a Gas Safe registered firm during the week and they are completing work for you outside of this as a private job then this is also illegal unless they are personally registered with the Gas Safe Register.
It is against the law for anybody to do work on gas equipment within the UK, Isle of Man or Guernsey unless they are Gas Safe registered.
What is the Gas Safe Register?
- The Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey and they are appointed by the relevant Health and Safety Authority for each area. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register, and the Register’s role is to serve as a licensing body
- Once a company becomes Gas Safe registered they are being issued a licence in order to carry out gas work (much as the DVLA issues driving licences to individuals who have proven their competence by passing a driving test). Consequently, the checks the Gas Safe Register made prior to allowing registration only extend to ensuring that those applying for, and possessing registration is appropriately qualified as gas safety proficient
- The Gas Safe Register is not a membership body for engineers, nor a trade association
- The Gas Safe Register took the place of CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1st April 2009 and in Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1st April 2010
- In the event that you need to have gas work completed in your commercial property or place of work, you can use the many different search options to locate a registered business or check an engineer is registered and qualified for the work you need doing
- The Gas Safe Register is the official list of companies that are officially allowed to perform gas work. Every registered business who employs gas engineers is issued with Gas Safe ID cards. Not all engineers are certified to do all types of gas work so always remember to inspect their ID card well before any work is conducted or use a specialist, reliable and reputable facilities company, such as CMS, who will ensure the correct and correctly qualified as an engineer is dispatched to your commercial property
If you believe anyone is working on gas illegally, you have to report them to the Gas Safe Register who will then investigate.
It’s shocking but there are more than 120,000 engineers on the Gas Safe Register and the Gas Safe Register inspects the work they’ve carried out on an ad hoc basis so as to monitor their work is still compliant and safe. If you’ve had gas work carried out in the last 6 months, you can nominate it for a totally free gas safety inspection with the Gas Safe Register.
What is the Purpose of the Gas Safety Register?
The Gas Safety Register aims to protect the public from dangerous gas work, and they aim to achieve this via:
- a nationwide investigations team uncovering unlawful gas workers
- regular inspections of Gas Safe registered engineers
- educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
- investigating reports of hazardous gas work
What does the Gas Safety Register do?
- The Gas Safe Register investigates reports of illegal gas work. The information they compile is turned over to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), who have the power to prosecute
- The Gas Safe Register conducts public awareness campaigns to ensure gas consumers aware of the risks of harmful and unlawful gas work, and of various other dangers such as carbon monoxide gas (CO) poisoning
- It is the coordinating body for the annual industry-wide Gas Safety Week campaign
- The Gas Safe Register is run by Capita Gas Registration and Ancillary Services Limited, a division of Capita Plc
You should receive a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate if a Gas Safe registered engineer installs a heat producing gas appliance in your residential or commercial property. It’s effectively a means of informing the Local Authority of the new apparatus, and you should receive it in the post inside 28 days of a new appliance being installed.
If you require a duplicate Building Regulations Compliance Certificate you can do this online or call them on 0800 408 5500 and select option 6. There is a cost for duplicate certificates.
Gas Safety Records
The documentation an engineer leaves behind after having fitted, serviced or safety checked a system depends on the purpose and type of work executed. The only paperwork required by legislation is a Landlord Gas Safety Record. It will detail precisely what checks the engineer has carried out and if the appliances that have been checked meet the appropriate safety standards.
CMS Commercial Gas Engineers
- At CMS, we have an in-house workforce of commercial gas engineers that are all fully certified in gas work and safety. Our Experts are Gas Safe Registered and make sure that any gas work is compliant with up-to-date requirements. Our gas engineers are authorities in the installation of commercial gas pipework in addition to the commissioning, repair, and maintenance of gas pipework. The team will decommission any services and appliances, including heating systems and boilers in the event that existing equipment may need to be replaced
- If you have a fault or have any concerns with any of your gas equipment or service then our team are on call 365 days a year to make certain any sort of faults are remedied quickly and safely. Our team will get an engineer to you within under 4 hours and understand the importance of quick fault identification and resolution
- As well as providing 24/7 reactive support services our team additionally offer a fully planned routine maintenance service which in turn will help keep your gas appliances and works performing proficiently and safely. A regular maintenance visit will prevent issues with your systems before they become a concern so is always something we advise you to contemplate
- Our Gas Engineers qualifications and expertise makes it possible for us to fix almost all types of plumbing, heating, boiler or gas related problems. Regardless of whether it is a regular boiler inspection or a gas pipe issue, our team can help. We endeavour to be with you in less than 4 hours and can determine and rectify gas, plumbing and electrical faults all types of gas appliances
- Our customer-focused company ethos means that every employee at CMS is focused on delivering the best service every single time. We only do a task if it needs carrying out and perform all work to the highest possible standards. All our Gas Engineers are customer facing and have outstanding communication skills, with the ability to describe to our customers the task that is required and keep them updated about the progress of their work
- Our workforce of Commercial Gas Engineers delivers unrivalled heating services, nationwide, 24-hours a day
- Our team have wide-ranging experience and also expertise in the installation and repair and maintenance of commercial boilers and heating and cooling system varying from smaller boilers right up to full plant room installations
- We install and also manage commercial boiler control systems and these allow our team to pinpoint problems with your heating before you do. Through an online network, our team can monitor precise faults on your heating and cooling system, diagnose them and frequently fix them remotely. In the event that we aren’t able to fix it remotely then we will definitely have determined the problem long before our team arrive, giving us more of a chance to fix it on our initial visit
- In the event that you are installing a new gas system or appliance then we offer a consultancy service to advise you on the industry’s most state-of-the-art energy-efficient and cost-saving products. This service includes the planning and design stages, right through to installation and assignment fulfilment, and also planned aftercare
- We offer national coverage across all of the UK for commercial gas works through our national network of CMS commercial gas engineers. Call us today on 0845 419 0190
About CMS Facilities
CMS is a family owned facilities company based in the North East who have been in operation for in excess of 18 years. We now have engineering hubs across the UK and work alongside several reputable and reputable national brand names, including; Mitie, Baxi, Travelodge, Q-Hotels and Nissan.
Our Three Main Teams
- Emergency Repair Services
- Scheduled Repair, Servicing & Preventative Maintenance Services
- Specialist Project Services
We offer mechanical and electrical engineering services, maintaining central heating, electrical, air conditioning, catering and refrigeration systems and our team of over 100 qualified, CMS Uniformed and vetted (DBS) engineers which are located at our engineering hubs all around the country so we can always get someone to your property quickly.
Our professional service is second to none and we deliver exceptional value for money solutions to commercial businesses and properties around the UK. Our UK based control and call handling centre are ready to answer your call 365 days a year, 24 hours a day and will ensure the appropriate engineer and team is dispatched to you the moment you require it. You can be assured that we do not use sub-contractors and we do not subcontract any of our work.
Our engineers are police checked (DBS), gas trained and qualified. Carrying industry-specific accreditations (Gas Safe, NICEIC, Chas and B&ES;) and we have ₤10m of public and third-party liability insurance.
Our technical support centre is continually on hand to answer any questions our team out on a job may have and this supports us to remedy and repair systems and equipment quickly and safely.
Our Rapid, Reliable, Responsive Professional Services
- Dedicated Engineers on Call 24/7/365
- Emergency Call-out Services 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- 90% of Breakdowns resolved on our initial visit
- Design, Planned Maintenance & Emergency Callout Service.
- Project Design Services
- Supply Services
- Installation Services
- Servicing Services
- Repair Services
- Routine Maintenance Services
Commercial Building Services and Systems Include
- Gas services, boiler & heating plants
- Electrical services
- Air Conditioning and climate control
- Catering, kitchen equipment and refrigeration
- Laundry & textile care
- Building management systems
- Fire alarms and access control
Bespoke & Planned Maintenance Packages
Our company offer bespoke and specific planned repair and maintenance packages for commercial building operators. This includes inspection, servicing, repair and certification contracts with access to our highly reactive emergency support teams.
Our care packages make sure that your systems and appliances are fully serviced and certified giving you peace of mind along with smooth and problem-free, dependable operation.
Project Management & Design Services.
Our highly-experienced CMS team have more than 1,000 years of consolidated engineering expertise and have the knowledge in order to efficiently deliver large-scale projects, from design through to installation and maintenance. Our design packages are readily available and developed to accommodate the needs and demands of each and every one of our individual commercial clients.
Our team of joiners, electricians, engineers and construction engineers have all the skills required in order to make certain your project runs smoothly, efficiently and in a timely manner without you having to cope with multiple parties or subcontractors.
If you are looking for Commercial Gas Engineers Wolverhampton for any sort of repair work, routine maintenance or even installation anywhere within the UK, or a provider that can supply you a genuine nationwide professional service then please give our expert team a call on 0845 419 0190 and they will certainly more than happy to assist with any sort of query or emergency repair you have.
Martyn works for CMS Ltd as a marketing specialist. He takes great pride in creating quality content regarding commercial property maintenance.