Commercial Gas Engineers in Tyne and Wear discussed by CMS Ltd
What is a Commercial Gas Engineer?
The job of a Gas engineer and installer is simply fitting, testing and repairing gas appliances and piping in the home. A commercial gas engineer will maintain, repair and install commercial appliances, heaters, central heating boilers and pipework in academic institutions, college and universities, churches, public properties and so forth businesses.
What qualifications should a Commercial Gas Engineer have?
A registered and accredited Gas Engineer will have an industry qualification, for example, Gas Installation and Maintenance or Gas Utilisation Engineer Level 3 NVQ or Diploma and be Gas Safe registered. Some certified gas engineers become qualified from working through an apprenticeship and still obtain the exact same qualifications as the end of it.
Why is a Commercial Gas Engineer different from a Domestic Gas Engineer?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will have the knowledge and also the experience of working with, repairing, maintaining as well as installing larger and even more sophisticated pipework with commercial appliances and within commercial premises.
A Domestic Gas Engineer will only have the experience of repairing, maintaining and installing gas appliances that are designed to use in domestic properties as well as gas pipework up to 35mm in diameter within domestic buildings.
There may well be instances in larger domestic properties in which non-domestic appliances and larger pipework are needed and in these situations, commercial gas services classifications may be required.
If you are uncertain if you need to have a commercial or domestic gas engineer then you can call the Gas Safe Register or get in touch with our team to get any assistance you need on0845 419 0190.
Why would anyone choose a Commercial Gas Engineer?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will certainly be experienced in working on, repairing, maintaining and installing larger sized gas appliances, heating systems and pipework and this means they are going to possess the knowledge needed to maintain and repair these larger systems.
What hours does a Commercial Gas Engineer work?
Most Commercial Gas Engineers will be readily available 24/7as they will manage both planned maintenance and servicing work, installations along with emergency reactive services as well and as a result of this, it is normal that they hold a full driving licence.
Why is it crucial to choose a qualified Commercial Gas Engineer?
It really is simple, dangerous and incorrect gas work can be harmful. Badly fitted and also badly serviced appliances can result in gas leaks, fires, explosions as well as carbon monoxide poisoning. Using an unqualified illegal gas fitter can absolutely put lives at risk as well as costing you a great deal to have it resolved or remedied.
It really is astonishing that there more than a quarter of a million illegal gas jobs carried out every year. If your gas engineer is not Gas Safe registered then they are operating illegally. If your gas engineer is qualified and registered to do gas work in your property then they will be able to present you their Gas Safe ID card.
Also, remember that not all gas engineers are qualified to work on all varieties of gas appliances. The back of their IDcard reveals to you if they are definitely qualified in order to work on the specific form of gas work you require. As an example, if they put in a gas fire, however, they are really solely Gas Safe registered for pipework and central heating boilers then they and their work are actually illegal.
An additional aspect to bear in mind is if a Gas Engineer works for a Gas Safe registered company throughout the week and they are doing work for you outside of this as a private job then this is likewise illegal.
It is actually against the law for any individual to do work on gas appliances within the UK, Isle of Man orGuernsey unless they are Gas Safe registered.
What is the Gas Safe Register?
The Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the UK, Isle of Man and Guernsey, appointed by the relevant Health and Safety Authority for each area. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register, and the Register’s role is to act as a licensing body. The Gas Safe Register is not a membership body for engineers, nor a trade association.
Once an organisation becomes Gas Safe registered they are being issued a licence to carry out gas work. As a result, the checks Gas Safe Register make before allowing registration only extend ensuring that those making an application for, and holding registration is suitably qualified as gas safety proficient.
The Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1 April 2009 and in Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1 April 2010.
In the event that you need gas work carried out in your commercial property or workplace, you can make use of the variety of search options to locate a registered business or check an engineer is registered and qualified for the task you need doing.
The Gas Safe Register is the official list of companies that are legally allowed to accomplish gas work. Every registered business who employs gas engineers is issued with Gas Safe ID cards. Not all engineers are qualified to perform all types of gas work so remember to inspect their ID card prior to any work is executed work with an experienced, dependable and reputable facilities company, such as CMS, who always ensure the right and correctly qualified engineer is dispatched to your commercial property.
If you believe someone is working on gas illegally, you should report them to the Gas Safe Register who will then investigate.
There are in excess of 120,000 engineers on the Gas Safe Register and the Gas Safe Register inspects the work they’ve carried out on an impromptu basis to monitor their work is still compliant and safe. If you’ve had gas work done in the previous six months, you can nominate it for a cost-free gas safety inspection from The Gas Safety Register.
What does the Gas Safety Register do?
- The Gas Safe Register investigates reports of illegal gas work. The information and facts they compile are passed on to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), who have the power to prosecute
- The Gas Safe Register conducts public awareness campaigns to ensure gas consumers aware of the risks of unsafe and illegal gas work, and of other dangers such as carbon monoxide gas (CO) poisoning. It is the coordinating body for the annual industry-wide Gas Safety Week campaign
The Gas Safe Register is operated by Capita Gas Registration and Ancillary Services Limited, a division of Capita Plc.
You should be given a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate if aGas Safe registered engineer installs a heat generating gas appliance in your property. It’s effectively a means of notifying the Local Authority of the new appliance, and you ought to receive it in the post within 28 days of a new appliance being put in.
If you require a duplicate Building Regulations Compliance Certificate you can do this online or phone them on 0800 408 5500 and chose option 6. There is a fee charged for duplicate certificates.
What is a Gas Safety Record?
The documentation an engineer leaves behind after having fitted, serviced or safety checked a system depends on the purpose and type of work executed. The only documentation required by law is a Landlord Gas Safety Record. It will detail exactly what checks the engineer has performed and if the appliances checked so as to satisfy the appropriate safety standards.
What is the Purpose of the Gas Safety Register?
The Gas Safety Register aims to safeguard the public from unsafe gas work, and they look to accomplish this by means of:
- a national investigations team tracking down illegal gas workers
- regular inspections of Gas Safe registered engineers
- educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
- investigating reports of unsafe gas work.
CMS Commercial Gas Engineers Tyne and Wear
- At CMS, we have an in-house team of Commercial Gas Engineers Tyne and Wear that are all fully certified in gas work and safety. We are Gas Safe Registered and guarantee any gas work is compliant with current requirements. Our gas engineers are specialists in the installation of commercial gas pipework including the commissioning, repair, and maintenance of gas pipework. The team will decommission any services and appliances, including heating and cooling system and boilers if outdated equipment needs to be replaced
- If you have a fault or have concerns with any of your gas equipment or service then our team are readily available 365 days a year in order to ensure any faults are repaired very quickly and safely
- We will get an engineer to you within under 4 hours and understand the importance of fast fault identification and resolution
- In addition to providing 24/7 reactive gas solutions, we also offer a fully planned routine maintenance service that will keep your gas appliances and works operating effectively and safely. A routine maintenance visit will certainly prevent problems with your systems before they become a problem, therefore, is usually something our team advise you to take into consideration
- Our Commercial Gas Engineers Tyne and Wear qualifications and practical experience enable us to fix all varieties of plumbing, heating, boiler or gas related problems. No matter if it is a routine boiler inspection or a gas pipe problem, our team can help
- Our customer-focused company ethos means that each and every employee at CMS is focused on delivering the best service every time. We only undertake a task if it needs doing and complete all work to the highest of standards
- All our Gas Engineers are customer facing and possess unprecedented communication skills, with the capability to explain to our customers the work that is needed and keep them updated about the progress of their project
- Our team of Commercial Gas Engineers deliver unparalleled heating solutions, nationwide, 24 hours a day
- Our team have extensive practical experience and expertise in the installation and routine maintenance of commercial boilers and heating systems ranging from smaller boilers right up to full plant room installations
- We provide nationwide coverage across all of the UK for commercial gas works through our national network of CMS commercial gas engineers
CMS Commercial Boiler Management Systems
At CMS our Commercial Gas Engineers Tyne and Wear install and manage commercial boiler control systems and these make it possible for our team to pinpoint issues with your heating before you do. Through an online network, we can record precise faults on your heating and cooling system, diagnose them and sometimes remedy them remotely. In the case that our staff may not be able to fix it remotely then we will definitely have pinpointed the issue before we arrive, giving us even more of an opportunity to take care of it on our first visit.
If you are putting in a brand new gas system or appliance then we offer a consultancy service to advise you on the industry’s most up-to-date energy-efficient and cost-saving products. This professional service includes the planning and design stage, right through to installation and assignment fulfilment, along with planned aftercare.
About CMS Facilities
CMS Ltd is a family owned facilities company based in the North East who have been in operation for in excess of 18 years. They now have engineering hubs across the UK and work for several leading and reputable national brands, incorporating; Mitie, Baxi, Travelodge, Q-Hotels and Nissan.
Our organisation has three primary teams:
- Emergency repair service.
- Planned & preventative maintenance.
- Specialist project division.
We provide mechanical and electrical engineering solutions, maintaining central heating, electrical, air conditioning, catering and refrigeration systems and our team of more than one hundred qualified, CMS uniformed and vetted (DBS)engineers are based at our engineering hubs all around the UK.
Our professional service is unrivalled and we supply an exceptional value for money services to commercial businesses and properties all around the UK. Our UK based control and call handling centre are available to take your phone call 365 days a year, 24 hours a day and will certainly make sure the best engineer and team is dispatched to you the moment you require it. You can be assured that we do not use sub-contractors and we do not subcontract any of our work.
Our Commercial Gas Engineers Tyne and Wear are police checked (DBS), trained and qualified. Carrying industry-specific accreditations (Gas Safe, NICEIC, Chas and B&ES;) and we possess ₤10m of public and third-party liability insurance.
Our technical support centre is always on hand in order to resolve any type of questions our team out on a job might have and this supports our team to resolve and repair systems and appliances quickly and safely.
Our Fast, Reliable, Reactive & Professional Service includes:
- Our in-house team of dedicated Commercial Gas Engineers Tyne and Wear are on call 24/7/365
- Emergency call-out 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Our engineers consistently repair 90% of breakdowns on the first visit
- Our Design, Planned Maintenance & Emergency Callout Service
- Our Project Design Service
- The supply of new and the best systems and pipework
- Installation of systems and pipeworks
- The servicing of systems and pipework
- The repair of systems and pipework
- The routine maintenance of systems and pipework
Our Commercial Building Services and Systems include:
- Gas services, boiler & heating plant
- Electrical services
- Air Conditioning and climate control
- Catering, kitchen equipment and refrigeration
- Laundry & textile care
- Building management systems
- Fire alarms and access control
Our Customised & Planned Maintenance Plans
We offer customised and specific planned maintenance packages for commercial building owners. This includes inspection, servicing, maintenance and repair and certification contracts with access to our highly reactive emergency support teams.
Our care packages ensure that your systems and appliances are fully serviced and certified offering you peace of mind together with smooth and problem-free, dependable operation.
Our Project Management & Design Services
Our highly-experienced CMS team have more than 1,000 years of consolidated engineering experience and have the knowledge so as to efficiently deliver large-scale projects, from design through to installation and routine maintenance. Our design packages are accessible on credit and developed to accommodate the requirements and demands of each and every of our individual commercial customers.
Our team of joiners, electricians, engineers and construction engineers have all the skills required to make certain your project runs smoothly, efficiently and in a timely manner without anyone needing to work with several parties or subcontractors.
Contact us at CMS
If you are searching for a Commercial Gas Engineers Tyne and Wear for any type of repair work, routine maintenance or perhaps installation anywhere in the UK or a provider that can offer you a genuine nationwide service, then please give our expert team a call on 0845 419 0190 and they will certainly more than happy to deal with any query or emergency repair you have.