Commercial Gas Engineers in Salford Explained by CMS Ltd
At CMS, we have an in-house team of Commercial Gas Engineers Salford that is fully accredited in gas work and safety. We are Gas Safe Registered and ensure any type of gas work is compliant with up-to-date requirements. Our gas engineers are experts in the installation of commercial gas pipework in addition to the commissioning, repair, and routine maintenance of gas pipework. The team will decommission any services and appliances, including heating and cooling system and boilers if outdated equipment requires to be replaced.
The Gas Safe Register
- The Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey which is appointed by the relevant Health and Safety Authority for each area. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register and the Register’s role is to serve as a licensing body
- When a business becomes Gas Safe registered they are being issued a licence to carry out gas work. The checks the Gas Safe Register make prior to allowing registration only extend to ensuring that those making an application for, and holding registration is suitably qualified as gas safe proficient
- The Gas Safe Register is not a membership body for engineers, nor a trade association
- The Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1st April 2009 and in Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1st April 2010
- If you need to have gas work carried out in your business or workplace, you can make use of the different search options to locate a registered business or check an engineer is registered and qualified for the job you need doing
- The Gas Safe Register is the official list of organisations that are legally enabled to perform gas work. Every single registered company who employs gas engineers is issued with Gas Safe ID cards. Not all engineers are certified to carry out all types of gas work so remember to check their ID card long before any work is carried out or work with a professional, dependable and reputable facilities company like CMS who will ensure the correct and appropriately qualified gas engineer is dispatched to your commercial property
- If you think anyone is working on gas illegally, you should report them to the Gas Safe Register who will then investigate
- There are more than 120,000 engineers on the Gas Safe Register and the Gas Safe Register inspects the work they’ve undertaken on an impromptu basis so as to monitor their work is still compliant and safe. If you’ve had gas work performed in the previous 6 months, you can nominate it for a free of cost gas safety inspection by the Gas Safe Register
What does the Gas Safety Register do?
- The Gas Safe Register investigates reports of illegal gas work. The information and facts they gather are passed on to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), who have the power to prosecute individuals or businesses
- The Gas Safe Register conducts public awareness campaigns to ensure gas consumers aware of the risks of harmful and unlawful gas work, and of various other dangers such as carbon monoxide gas (CO) poisoning
- It is the coordinating body for the once a year industry-wide Gas Safety Week campaign
- The Gas Safe Register is run by Capita Gas Registration and Ancillary Services Limited, a division of Capita Plc
You should be given a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate if a Gas Safe registered engineer installs a heat generating gas appliance in your property. It’s effectively a way of notifying the Local Authority of the new appliance, and you ought to receive it in the post inside 28 days of a new appliance being installed.
If you require a duplicate Building Regulations Compliance Certificate you can do this on the internet or get in touch with them on 0800 408 5500 and chose option 6. There is a fee for duplicate certificates.
What is a Gas Safety Record?
The documentation an engineer leaves immediately after having installed, serviced or safety checked a system depends on the purpose and type of work carried out. The only documentation required by law is a Landlord Gas Safety Record. It will detail exactly what checks the engineer has performed and the appliances checked meet the appropriate safety standards.
What is the Purpose of the Gas Safety Register?
The Gas Safety Register aims to safeguard the general public from unsafe gas work, and they aim to accomplish this through:
- A nationwide investigations team finding illegal gas workers
- Frequent inspections of Gas Safe registered engineers
- Educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
- Investigating reports of unsafe gas work
Why CMS Gas Works & Engineers
- If you have a fault or have concerns with any of your gas equipment or service then the CMS team are available 365 days a year to make sure that any faults are corrected swiftly and safely
- We will get an engineer to you inside under 4 hours and understand the value of quick fault identification and resolution
- We provide fully planned repair and maintenance contracts that will always keep your gas appliances and works running efficiently and safely. A regular maintenance visit will certainly prevent issues with your systems before they become a problem so it is always something we encourage you to think about
- Our Gas Engineers qualifications and practical experience make it possible for us to deal with all types of plumbing, heating, boiler or gas related problems. No matter if it is a routine boiler inspection or a gas pipe issue, we can help
- We strive to be with you within 4 hours and can ascertain and rectify gas, plumbing and electrical faults on all gas apparatus
- Our customer-focused company ethos means that every employee at CMS is focused on delivering the best service every time. We only do a task if it needs doing and complete all work to the highest of standards. All our Gas Engineers are customer facing and possess phenomenal communication skills, with the capability to describe to our customers the work that is really needed and keep them updated about the progression of their work
- Our team of Commercial Gas Engineers deliver unparalleled heating support services, across the country, 24 hours a day
- We have extensive practical experience and expertise in the installation and routine maintenance of commercial boilers and heating systems ranging from smaller boilers right up to full plant room installations
- Our company offer nationwide coverage across all of the UK for commercial gas works through our national network of CMS commercial gas engineers
- We install and manage commercial boiler control systems and these allow our team to pinpoint issues with your heating before you do. Through an online network, our people can monitor distinct faults on your heating system, diagnose them and frequently repair them remotely. Whenever we might not be able to resolve it remotely then we will definitely have established the issue before our team arrive, giving us even more of an opportunity to correct it on our very first visit
- If you are installing a brand new system or appliance then we offer a full consultancy service to advise you on the industry’s leading energy-efficient and cost-saving products. This service includes the planning and design stage, right through to installation and assignment completion, together with planned aftercare
What is a Commercial Gas Engineer?
The role of a commercial gas engineer is to maintain, repair and install commercial appliances, heating units, central heating boilers and pipework in schools, college and universities, churches, civic properties etc. and commercial properties.
Why would anyone choose Commercial Gas Engineers Salford?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will be experienced in working with, repairing, maintaining and installing larger gas appliances, heating and cooling system and pipework and this means they will have the specialist knowledge required to maintain and repair these larger systems.
What qualifications should Commercial Gas Engineers Salford have?
A registered and accredited Gas Engineer will have an industry qualification, for instance, Gas Installation and Maintenance or Gas Utilisation Engineer Level 3 NVQ or Diploma and be Gas Safe registered. Some certified gas engineers become qualified from working through an apprenticeship and still achieve the exact same qualifications as the end of it.
Why is it essential to employ qualified Commercial Gas Engineers Salford?
It is dangerous if incorrect gas work has been completed and it can be deadly. Badly fitted and badly serviced appliances may lead to gas leaks, fires, explosions as well as carbon monoxide poisoning. Using an unqualified illegal gas fitter can place lives at risk as well as costing you a great deal to have it rectified.
It is astonishing that there are more than a quarter of a million unlawful gas jobs carried out each year. In the event that your gas engineer is not Gas Safe registered then they are operating illegally. If your gas engineer is qualified and registered to carry out gas work in your property then they will be in a position to present you their Gas Safe ID card.
Be aware that not all gas engineers are qualified to work on all types of gas appliances. The back of their ID card discloses you if they are certified to work on the specific form of gas work you need. As an example, if they put in a gas fire but they are only Gas Safe registered for pipework and boilers then they and their work are classed as illegal.
Another issue to be aware of is if a Gas Engineer works for a Gas Safe registered firm throughout the week and they are doing work for you outside of this as a private job then this is also illegal unless they are personally gas safe registered.
It is against the law for anybody to do work on gas appliances within the UK, Isle of Man or Guernsey unless they are Gas Safe registered.
What do Commercial Gas Engineers Salford do?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will repair, service, maintain and install gas pipework, gas boilers and heating systems. They will definitely have the know-how and experience to efficiently detect and repair problems or even pre-empt potential problems that can occur with much larger commercial systems.
Why is a Commercial Gas Engineer different from a Domestic Gas Engineer?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will have the know-how and also practical experience of working on, repairing, maintaining and installing larger and much more complicated pipework with commercial appliances and within commercial premises. A Domestic Gas Engineer will only have the knowledge of repairing, maintaining and installing gas appliances that are constructed for use in domestic properties as well as gas pipework up to 35mm in diameter within residential properties.
Certainly, there may well be instances in larger sized residential homes where non-domestic appliances and larger pipework is called for and in these kinds of circumstances, commercial casework categories may be required.
If you are unsure if you really need a commercial or domestic gas engineer then you can contact the Gas Safe Register or phone us in order to get guidance.
What hours do Commercial Gas Engineers Salford work?
Most Commercial Gas Engineers will be available 24/7 as they will manage both scheduled routine maintenance and servicing work, installations along with emergency call-out reactive work also and as a result of this, it is normal that they hold a full driving licence.
About CMS Facilities
CMS is a family owned facilities company in the North East who have been in operation for an excess of 18 years and we have engineering hubs around the UK, working alongside several renowned and reputable national brand names, including; Mitie, Baxi, Travelodge, Q-Hotels and Nissan.
Our organisation has three main teams:
- Emergency repair service
- Scheduled & preventative maintenance
- Specialist project division
We offer mechanical and electrical engineering services, maintaining central heating, electrical, air conditioning, catering and refrigeration systems and our staff of more than one hundred qualified, CMS Uniformed and DBS vetted engineers are based at our engineering hubs all around the country.
Our service is second to none and we supply a remarkable value for money service to commercial businesses and properties all around the UK. Our UK based control and call handling centre are available to take your call 365 days a year, 24-hours a day and will make sure the suitable engineer and team are dispatched to you the moment you need it. You can be assured that we do not use sub-contractors and we do not subcontract any of our work.
Our engineers are police checked (DBS) and fully trained and qualified. All carrying industry-specific accreditations (Gas Safe, NICEIC, Chas and B&ES;) and we possess ₤10m of public and third-party liability insurance.
Our technical support centre is always on hand in order to resolve any questions our team out on a job might have and this supports us to remedy and repair systems and appliances promptly and safely.
Our Rapid, Reputable, Responsive Service
- We have dedicated engineers on call 24/7/365
- Emergency call-out 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Our engineers consistently mend 90% of breakdowns on the very first visit
Our Design, Planned Maintenance & Emergency Callout Service
- Project design
We cover commercial building services and systems encompassing:
- Gas services, boiler & heating plants
- Electrical services
- Air Conditioning and climate control
- Catering, kitchen equipment and refrigeration
- Laundry & textile care
- Building management systems
- Fire alarms and access control.
Our Customised & Planned Maintenance Plans
We offer tailor-made and specific planned repair and maintenance packages for commercial building managers. This includes inspection, servicing, maintenance and repair and certification contracts with access to our highly reactive emergency support teams. Our care packages ensure that your systems and appliances are fully serviced and certified offering you peace of mind along with smooth and problem-free, reliable operation.
Our Project Management & Design Services
Our highly-experienced CMS team have more than 1,000 years of consolidated engineering practical experience and possess the expertise so as to effectively deliver large-scale projects, from design through to installation and maintenance. Our design packages are readily available on credit and developed to match the needs and demands of each of our individual commercial clients.
Our team of joiners, electricians, engineers and construction engineers have all the skill-sets required in order to make sure that your project runs smoothly, efficiently and on time without anyone having to work with several parties or subcontractors.
If you are trying to find Commercial Gas Engineers Salford for any type of repair work, routine maintenance or perhaps installation anywhere in the UK, or a provider that can provide you with a genuine nationwide solution then please give our expert team a call on 0845 419 0190 and they will certainly more than happy to deal with any sort of query or emergency repair you have.