Commercial Gas Engineers in Nottingham Explained by CMS Ltd
At CMS, we have an in-house team of commercial gas engineers that are all certified in gas work and safety. We are Gas Safe Registered and ensure that any type of gas work is compliant with all up-to-date requirements and legislation. Our gas engineers are experts in the installation of commercial gas pipework and in addition to this, the commissioning, repair, and maintenance of gas pipework. The team will decommission any services and appliances, including heating and cooling system and boilers if outdated equipment needs to be replaced. If you are looking for Commercial Gas Engineers in Nottingham for an emergency repair or a maintenance service then give us a call on 0845 419 0190 and our service team will be able to help.
What is a Commercial Gas Engineer?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will maintain, repair and install industrial appliances, heating systems, boilers and pipework in academic institutions, college and universities, churches, public buildings and businesses.
CMS Gas Engineers Nottingham
In the event that you have a fault or have concerns with any of your gas equipment or service then our team are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day to be sure any type of faults are rectified very quickly and safely. We will get an engineer to you in under 4 hours and understand the significance of fast fault identification and resolution.
As well as supplying 24/7 reactive gas support services we also offer a fully planned repair and maintenance solution which will always keep your gas appliances and works running effectively and safely. A routine maintenance visit will prevent issues with your systems before they become a problem, therefore, is usually something our team suggest you take into consideration.
Our Gas Engineers qualifications and experience make it possible for us to deal with all forms of plumbing, heating, boiler or gas related problems. No matter if it is a routine boiler inspection or a gas pipe issue, we can assist. When we get to you we can ascertain and correct gas, plumbing and electrical faults on all gas appliances.
Our customer-focused company ethos means that every single employee at CMS is focused on delivering the absolute best service every time. We only do a job if it needs carrying out and complete all tasks to the highest of standards. All our Gas Engineers are customer facing and possess phenomenal communication skills, with the capability to explain to our clients the work that is really needed and keep them updated regarding the progression of their task.
Our team of Commercial Gas Engineers deliver unrivalled heating support services, nationwide, 24 hours a day.
Our team have extensive practical experience and expertise in the installation and routine maintenance of commercial boilers and heating systems ranging from smaller boilers all the way up to full plant room installations and deliver unrivalled heating professional services, nationally, 24-hours a day.
Commercial Boiler Management Systems
We install and operate commercial boiler control systems and these make it possible for our team to identify issues with your heating before you do. Through an online network, we can track distinct faults on your heating and cooling systems, diagnose them and sometimes remedy them remotely. In the event that we might not be able to remedy it remotely then we will have determined the problem long before our team arrive, granting us more of an opportunity to correct it on our initial visit.
In the event that you are putting in a new gas system or appliance then we offer a consultancy service to advise you on the industry’s most modern energy-efficient and cost-saving products. This service includes the planning and design phase, right through to installation and assignment completion, together with planned aftercare.
We provide nationwide coverage throughout all of the UK for commercial gas works through our national network of CMS commercial gas engineers. Give us a call today on 0845 419 0190
Why should you work with Commercial Gas Engineers Nottingham?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will be experienced in working with, repairing, maintaining and installing larger gas appliances, heating and cooling system and pipework and this means they are going to possess the knowledge required to maintain and repair these larger systems.
What qualifications should Commercial Gas Engineers Nottingham have?
Registered and accredited Commercial Gas Engineers will have an industry qualification such as Gas Installation and Maintenance or Gas Utilisation Engineer Level 3 NVQ or Diploma and be Gas Safe registered. Some certified gas engineers become qualified from working through an apprenticeship and still attain the very same qualifications as the end of it.
Why is it essential to use qualified Commercial Gas Engineers Nottingham?
- It really is simple, dangerous and incorrect gas work can be deadly. Improperly fitted and badly serviced appliances can lead to gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide gas poisoning. Using an unqualified illegal gas fitter can place lives at risk in addition to costing you a great deal to have it addressed or remedied
- It really is unbelievable but there are over a quarter of a million illegal gas jobs carried out each year. In the event that your gas engineer is not Gas Safe registered then they are simply operating illegally. If your gas engineer is qualified and registered to carry out gas work in your home then they will be in a position to present you their Gas Safe ID card
- Be aware that not all gas engineers are qualified to work on all types of gas appliances. The back of their ID card tells you if they are definitely certified in order to work on the specific type of gas work you need. As an example, if they put in a gas fire but they are only Gas Safe registered for pipework and boilers then they and their work are illegal.
- Another aspect to bear in mind is if a Gas Engineer works for a Gas Safe registered company during the week and they are performing work for you outside of this as a private job then this is also illegal
- It is against the law for anyone to do work on gas appliances within the UK, Isle of Man or Guernsey unless they are Gas Safe registered
What is the Gas Safe Register?
- The Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey appointed by the applicable Health and Safety Authority for each area. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register to complete any gas works, and the register’s role is to serve as a licensing body
- Once an organisation becomes Gas Safe registered they are being issued a licence to carry out gas work (much as the DVLA issues driving licences to those who have demonstrated their proficiency by successfully passing a driving test). As a result, the checks the Gas Safe Register make before allowing enrollment only extend to ensuring that those applying for, and possessing, registration is suitably qualified as gas safety competent
- Gas Safe Register is not a membership body for engineers, nor a trade association
- Gas Safe Register took the place of CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1st April 2009 and in Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1st April 2010
- In the event that you need to have gas work completed in your commercial property or place of work, you can use the many different search options to locate a registered business or check an engineer is registered and qualified for the task you need doing
- The Gas Safe Register is the official list of businesses that are lawfully allowed to execute gas work. Each and every registered company who employs gas engineers are issued with Gas Safe ID cards. Not all engineers are certified to do all types of gas work so remember to check their ID card in advance of any work completed and make use of a qualified professional, dependable and reputable facilities company, such as CMS, who will ensure the right and correctly qualified gas engineer is dispatched to your commercial property
- If you believe anyone is working on gas unlawfully, you must report them to the Gas Safe Register who will then investigate
- There are more than 120,000 engineers on the Gas Safe Register and the Gas Safe Register inspects the work they’ve conducted on an ad hoc basis to monitor their work is still compliant and safe. If you’ve had gas work performed in the last six months, you can nominate it for a free of cost gas safety inspection
What does the Gas Safety Register do?
- The Gas Safe Register investigates reports of illegal gas work. The relevant information they gather is passed on to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) who have the power to prosecute
- The Gas Safe Register conducts public awareness campaigns to ensure gas consumers aware of the risks of unsafe and unlawful gas work, and of various other dangers, for instance, carbon monoxide gas (CO) poisoning
- It is the coordinating body for the once a year industry-wide Gas Safety Week campaign
- The Gas Safe Register is operated by Capita Gas Registration and Ancillary Services Limited, a division of Capita Plc
- You should receive a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate if a Gas Safe registered engineer installs a heat generating gas appliance in your property. It’s effectively a way of updating the Local Authority of the new apparatus, and you should receive it in the post inside 28 days of a new appliance being put in
- If you require a duplicate Building Regulations Compliance Certificate you can do this on the internet or call 0800 408 5500 and choose option 6. There is a charge for duplicate certificates
Gas Safety Record
The documentation an engineer leaves after having fitted, serviced or safety checked a system is dependent upon the purpose and type of work undertaken. The only documentation required legally is a Landlord Gas Safety Record. It will detail exactly what checks the engineer has performed and if the appliances checked in order to satisfy the appropriate safety standards.
What is the Purpose of the Gas Safety Register?
The Gas Safety Register aims to protect the public from dangerous gas work, and they aim to achieve this through:
- A national investigations team identifying unlawful gas workers
- Regular inspections of Gas Safe registered engineers
- Educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
- Investigating reports of dangerous gas work
What do Commercial Gas Engineers Nottingham do?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will repair, service, maintain and install gas pipework, gas boilers and heating and cooling system. These professionals will definitely have the practical knowledge and experience to efficiently determine and repair issues as well as pre-empt possible problems that might occur with larger sized commercial systems.
Why are Commercial Gas Engineers different from Domestic Gas Engineers?
- A Commercial Gas Engineer will have the knowledge as well as the experience of working with, repairing, maintaining and also installing larger and even more intricate pipework with commercial appliances and within commercial buildings
- A Domestic Gas Engineer will only have the practical experience of repairing, maintaining and installing gas appliances that are constructed for use in domestic properties as well as gas pipework up to 35mm in diameter within domestic properties. There may well be instances in larger residential homes where non-domestic appliances and larger pipework is required and in these particular cases, commercial casework categories may be required
If you are not sure if you really need a commercial or domestic gas engineer then you can contact the Gas Safe Register or get in touch with us so and we can help.
What hours do Commercial Gas Engineers Nottingham work?
Most Commercial Gas Engineers will be readily available 24/7 as they will work on both planned maintenance and servicing work, installations in addition to unexpected emergency reactive services as well and because of this, it is normal that they hold a full driving licence.
About CMS Facilities
CMS is a family owned facilities company based in the North East who have been in operation for in excess of 18 years. They now have engineering hubs all around the UK and work alongside numerous renowned and reputable national brand names, including; Mitie, Baxi, Travelodge, Q-Hotels and Nissan.
Our Three Main Services
- Emergency Repair Service
- Scheduled & Preventative Maintenance Service
- Specialist Project Division
Our experts offer mechanical and electrical engineering services, maintaining central heating, electrical, air conditioning, catering and refrigeration systems and our team of in excess of 100 qualified, CMS uniformed and vetted (DBS) Gas Engineers are located at our engineering hubs all around the UK.
Our professional service is unrivalled and we supply a remarkable value for money services to commercial businesses and properties around the UK. Our UK based control and call handling centre are available to answer your phone call 365 days a year, 24 hours a day and will make sure the appropriate engineer and team are dispatched to you when you require it. You can be assured that we do not use sub-contractors and we do not subcontract any of our work.
Our engineers are police checked (DBS), fully trained and qualified. They carry industry-specific accreditations (Gas Safe, NICEIC, Chas and B&ES;) and we have ₤10m of public and third-party liability insurance.
Our Technical Support Team
Our technical support centre is always on hand to answer any questions our team out on a job may have and this supports us to remedy and repair systems and appliances quickly and safely.
Our Rapid, Reputable & Reactive Professional Service
- We have dedicated engineers on call 24/7/365
- Emergency call-out 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Our engineers consistently fix 90% of breakdowns on the very first visit
- Our Design, Planned Maintenance & Emergency Callout Service.
- Project design
We cover Commercial Building Services and Systems including
- Gas services, boiler & heating plants
- Electrical services
- Air conditioning and climate control
- Catering, kitchen equipment and refrigeration
- Laundry & textile care
- Plumbing & Pipework
- Building management systems
- Fire alarms and access control
Our Bespoke & Planned Maintenance Plans
- We offer customised and specific planned repair and maintenance packages for commercial building owners and businesses. This includes inspection, servicing, repair work and certification contracts with access to our highly reactive emergency support teams
- Our care packages make sure that your systems and appliances are fully serviced and certified giving you peace of mind along with smooth and problem-free, dependable operation
Our Project Management & Design Services
Our highly-experienced CMS team has more than 1,000 years of combined engineering experience and have the knowledge to effectively deliver large-scale projects, from design through to installation and routine maintenance. Our design packages are accessible on credit and developed to match the requirements and demands of each and every of our individual commercial clients.
Our team of joiners, electricians, engineers and construction engineers have all the skill-sets required in order to ensure your project runs smoothly, efficiently and in a timely manner without you having to cope with numerous parties or subcontractors.
If you are looking for Commercial Gas Engineers Nottingham for any sort of repair, routine maintenance or installation anywhere within the UK, or a supplier that can provide you with a genuine nationwide solution then please give our expert team a call on 0845 419 0190 and they will more than happy to assist with any sort of query or emergency repair you have.