Commercial Gas Engineers in Bristol Explained by CMS Ltd
At CMS, we have an in-house team of commercial gas engineers that are fully accredited in gas work and safety. We are Gas Safe Registered and make certain that any type of gas work is compliant with existing codes and legislation. Our gas engineers are specialists in the installation of commercial gas pipework as well as the commissioning, repair, and routine maintenance of gas pipework. The team will decommission any services and appliances, including heating and cooling system and boilers if outdated equipment may need to be replaced. Contact us on 0845 419 0190 and one of our team can arrange for an emergency repair or service from our professional Commercial Gas Engineers Bristol.
CMS Commercial Gas Engineers
At CMS, we have an in-house team of commercial gas engineers that are all fully approved in gas work and safety. Our Experts are Gas Safe Registered and make certain any gas work is compliant with existing regulations. Our gas engineers are specialists in the installation of commercial gas pipework in addition to the commissioning, repair, and maintenance pertaining to togas pipework. The team will decommission any services and appliances, including heating and cooling system and boilers existing equipment may need to be upgraded.
If you have a fault or have issues with any one of your gas equipment or service then our team are on call 365 days a year in order to ensure any faults are corrected quickly and safely. Our team will get an engineer to you in under 4 hours and understand the importance of fast fault detection and resolution.
As well as delivering 24/7 reactive gas professional services our team provide a fully planned maintenance service which in turn will keep your gas appliances and works running efficiently and safely. A routine maintenance visit can prevent issues with your systems before they end up being a problem so is definitely always something we advise you to consider.
Our Gas Engineers qualifications, as well as experience, enables our team to fix almost all forms of plumbing, heating, boiler or gas related problems. Whether it is a routine boiler examination or a gas pipe problem, our experts are able to help. We endeavour to be with you in less than 4 hours and can discover and rectify gas, plumbing and electrical faults all types of gas appliances.
Our customer-focused company ethos means that each and every employee at CMS is focused on providing the very best service every time. We only do a job if it really needs undertaking and complete all work to the highest standards. All our Gas Engineers are client facing and have exceptional communication skills with the ability to explain to our clients the work that is needed and keep them updated regarding the progress of their job.
We install and operate commercial boiler management systems and these make it possible for us to identify issues with your heating long before you do. Through an online network, we can keep track of distinct faults on your heating and cooling system, diagnose them and sometimes repair them remotely. In the event that our experts aren’t able to resolve it remotely then we will certainly have pinpointed the issue even before we arrive, giving us more of an opportunity to fix it on our initial visit.
If you are putting in a new gas system or appliance then we offer a consultancy service to advise you on the industry’s most current energy-efficient and cost-saving products. This service includes the planning and design stage, right through to installation and project fulfilment, along with planned aftercare.
Our workforce of Commercial Gas Engineers delivers unparalleled heating solutions, all over the country, 24-hours a day. They have wide-ranging experience and knowledge in the instalment and upkeep of commercial boilers, heating and cooling system, ranging from smaller sized boilers all the way up to full plant room installations.
We offer nationwide coverage across all of the UK for commercial gas works through our national network of CMS commercial gas engineers. Give us a call today on 0845 419 0190.
Commercial Gas Engineers?
A commercial gas engineer will service, repair and install commercial appliances, heating systems, central heating boilers and pipework in schools, college and universities, places of worship, government buildings etc. and commercial properties.
Why would you choose Commercial Gas Engineers Bristol?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will be trained and experienced in repairing, maintaining and installing larger sized gas appliances, heating and cooling systems and pipework and they will possess the practical experience needed to maintain and repair these kinds of larger systems.
What qualifications should Commercial Gas Engineers Bristol have?
A registered and accredited Gas Engineer will have an industry qualification, for example, Gas Installation and Maintenance or Gas Utilisation Engineer Level 3 NVQ or Diploma and be Gas Safe registered. Some qualified gas engineers become qualified from working through an apprenticeship and still attain the same qualifications as the end of it.
Why is it important to use qualified Commercial Gas Engineers Bristol?
It really is simple, dangerous and incorrect gas work can be lethal. Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can result in gas leakages, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide gas poisoning. Using an unqualified illegal gas fitter will put lives at risk as well as costing you a lot to have it remedied or rectified.
It is astonishing that there are over a quarter of a million illegal gas jobs carried out annually. If your gas engineer is not Gas Safe registered then they are literally illegal. If your gas engineer is certified and registered to carry out gas work in your property then they will be able to present you their Gas Safe ID card.
Be aware that not all gas engineers are certified to work on all types of gas appliances. The back of their ID card reveals to you if they are really certified to work on the specific form of gas work you require. As an example, if they put in a gas fire however, they are really solely Gas Safe registered for pipework and central heating boilers then they and their work are illegal.
An additional aspect to bear in mind is if a Gas Engineer works for a Gas Safe registered service provider throughout the week and they are carrying out work for you outside of this as a private job then this is also illegal unless they are registered with the Gas Safe Register themselves.
It is actually against the law for anybody to do work on gas equipment in the UK, Isle of Man or Guernsey unless they are Gas Safe registered.
What is the Gas Safe Register?
- The Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey appointed by the applicable Health and Safety Authority for each area. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register, and the Register’s role is to act as a licensing body.
- Once an organisation becomes Gas Safe registered they are being issued a licence in order to carry out gas work. The checks the Gas Safe Register make prior to allowing registration only extend to making certain that those making an application for, and holding registration is appropriately qualified as gas safety competent and has the required qualifications.
- The Gas Safe Register is not a membership body for engineers, nor a trade association.
- Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1 April 2009 and in Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1 April 2010.
- If you need gas work done in your commercial property or work environment, you can use the variety of search options to find a registered business or check an engineer is registered and qualified for the work you need doing.
- The Gas Safe Register is the official list of businesses that are lawfully given permission to carry out gas work. Each and every registered company who employs gas engineers are issued with Gas Safe ID cards. Not all engineers are certified to perform all varieties of gas work so always remember to check their ID card long before any work is carried out or employ a dependable and reputable facilities company like CMS, who will ensure the right and correctly qualified engineer is dispatched to you.
- If you think a person is working on gas unlawfully, you need to report them to the Gas Safe Register who will then investigate.
- There are more than 120,000 engineers on the Gas Safe Register and the Gas Safe Register inspects the work they’ve completed on an impromptu basis in order to monitor their work is still compliant and safe. If you’ve had gas work carried out in the previous six months, you can nominate it for a free of cost gas safety inspection.
What does the Gas Safety Register do?
- The Gas Safe Register investigates reports of illegal gas work. The information and facts they gather are turned over to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) who have the power to prosecute if they find the gas work completed is not at the required standards.
- The Gas Safe Register conducts public awareness campaigns to make as consumers aware of the risks of treacherous and illegal gas work, and of other dangers, for example, carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. It is the coordinating body for the once a year industry-wide Gas Safety Week campaign.
- The Gas Safe Register is handled by Capita Gas Registration and Ancillary Services Limited, a division of Capita Plc
- You should receive a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate if a Gas Safe registered engineer installs a heat generating gas appliance in your property. It’s effectively a way of notifying the Local Authority of the new apparatus, and you should receive it in the post within 28 days of a new appliance being installed. If you require a duplicate Building Regulations Compliance Certificate you can do this online or phone them on 0800 408 5500 and chose option 6. There is a cost for duplicate certificates.
Gas Safety Records
The documentation an engineer leaves behind after having installed, serviced or safety checked a system is dependent upon the purpose and type of work carried out. The only documents required legally is a Landlord Gas Safety Record. It will detail exactly what checks the engineer has carried out and if the appliances checked meets the appropriate safety standards.
What is the Purpose of the Gas Safety Register?
The Gas Safety Register aims to protect the general public from dangerous gas work, and they look to accomplish this via:
- a nationwide investigations team uncovering unlawful gas workers
- frequent inspections of Gas Safe registered engineers
- educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
- investigating reports of unsafe gas work
What do Commercial Gas Engineers Bristol do?
A Commercial Gas Engineer will repair, service, maintain and install gas pipework, gas boilers and heating systems. These experts will definitely have the practical knowledge and experience to promptly identify and repair issues or even pre-empt possible problems that might arise with larger sized commercial systems.
Why is a Commercial Gas Engineer different from a Domestic Gas Engineer?
- A Commercial Gas Engineer will have the knowledge as well as the experience of working with, repairing, maintaining and also installing larger and more complicated pipework with commercial appliances and within commercial premises.
- A Domestic Gas Engineer will have the experience of repairing, maintaining and installing gas appliances that are constructed for use in domestic properties as well as gas pipework up to 35mm in diameter within domestic buildings.
- There can be instances in larger residential homes where non-domestic appliances and larger pipework is required and in these situations, commercial casework categories may be required. If you are uncertain if you require a commercial or domestic gas engineer then you can contact the Gas Safe Register or even get in touch with our team for guidance.
What hours does a Commercial Gas Engineer work?
Most Commercial Gas Engineers will be available 24/7 as they will carry out both scheduled routine maintenance and servicing work, installations, and emergency reactive work.
About CMS Facilities
CMS is a family owned facilities company in the North East and we have been in operation for in excess of 18 years. We now have engineering hubs throughout the UK and work alongside numerous widely known and reputable national brand names, including; Mitie, Baxi, Travelodge, Q-Hotels and Nissan.
We have three primary teams
- Emergency repair service
- Scheduled & preventative maintenance
- Specialist project division
Our experts offer mechanical and electrical engineering services, maintaining central heating, electrical, air conditioning, catering and refrigeration systems and our team of more than 100, qualified, CMS uniformed and vetted (DBS) engineers are located at our engineering hubs across the UK.
Our service is unrivalled and we give extraordinary value for money services to commercial businesses and properties around the UK. Our UK based control and call handling centre are ready to take your call 365 days a year, 24-hours a day and will make sure that the ideal engineer and team are dispatched to you when you are in need of it. You can be assured that we do not use sub-contractors and we do not subcontract any of our work.
Our engineers are police checked (DBS), and fully trained and qualified. They all carry industry-specific accreditations (Gas Safe, NICEIC, Chas and B&ES;) and we have ₤10m of public and third-party liability insurance.
Our technical support centre is always on hand to answer any type of questions our team out on a job may have and this supports us to resolve and repair systems and equipment promptly and safely.
Our Rapid, Reputable, Responsive Service includes:
- We have dedicated engineers on call 24/7/365
- Emergency call-out 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Our engineers typically correct 90% of breakdowns on the initial visit
Our Design, Planned Maintenance & Emergency Callout Service
- Project design
- Routine maintenance
We cover commercial building services and systems including:
- Gas services, boiler & heating plants
- Electrical services
- Air Conditioning and climate control
- Catering, kitchen equipment and refrigeration
- Laundry & textile care
- Building management systems
- Fire alarms and access control
Our Custom & Planned Maintenance Packages
Our company offer bespoke and specific planned repair and maintenance packages for commercial building owners and businesses. This includes inspection, servicing, repair and certification contracts with access to our highly reactive emergency support teams.
Our care packages make sure that your systems and appliances are fully serviced and certified providing you peace of mind along with smooth and hassle-free, dependable operation.
Our Project Management & Design Services
Our highly-experienced CMS team have more than 1,000 years of consolidated engineering practical experience and possess the knowledge to efficiently deliver large-scale projects, from design through to installation and maintenance. Our design packages are offered on credit and designed to satisfy the requirements and demands of each and every of our individual commercial customers.
Our team of joiners, electricians, engineers and construction engineers have all the skill-sets required to make sure your project runs smoothly, efficiently and on time without anyone needing to manage numerous parties or subcontractors.
If you are searching for Commercial Gas Engineers Bristol for any kind of repair, maintenance or even installation and a provider that can supply you a genuine service, then please give our expert team a call on 0845 419 0190 and they will be happy to help with any query or emergency repair you have.